Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Swimming at Runcorn Pool

I've recently taken to swimming at one of our local Council pools at Runcorn. It's more for the benefit of my pregnant belly and that annoying tailbone pain.

But for the price of $4.50 per adult entry, it's quite a worthwhile expenditure. I get to spend as much time in the pool as I like and have my much needed exercise, if any!

I bring my three-year-old girl with me and she goes in for the price of $3.20, and that's the price for 2-17 years old!

Not a bad deal, I reckon. I get to save a bit more on entrance fees in buying those 10 passes for myself and my little one.

So, what's so great about it?
- It's indoors and outdoors pools are heated
- The indoors pool has different depths for the various level of swimmers.
- The indoors pool also has a jacuzzi sort of corner, where water is jetted out to give the back a good massage
- It has a children's outdoors play area with slides and water showers
- Lockers (have to pay) to store your belongings in
- Opens and closes at times where people can visit

What don't I like about it?
- The children's outdoors play area isn't heated. Not suitable for winter.
- Not enough changing rooms or shower rooms to go around. Especially in winter, where people will be wanting to change indoors, they only have 2 shower heads, one baby change room and one Disabled/Unisex change room with a toilet and shower head. There are Male and Female changing rooms outdoors and a Disabled/Unisex change room, but I doubt that I'll be using that in winter.

This swimming pool also offers Aquarobics, swimming lessons for children and adults, Aqua Pilates and Mat Pilates. Pick one to join, or just dive in for a casual swim!

Runcorn Pool
37 Bonemill Road (Behind Runcorn State High School)
Ph : 1300 733 053
Visit their website here.

(Photo source : Runcorn Pool - Rackley Family Swim School)

No comments:

Post a Comment