Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Movie : Robin Hood

I'm a fan of Robin Hood. I read the story when I was in primary school. It fascinated me. The noblemen and the commoners; the fight for liberty, equality.

I'm sure I've watched a few other Robin Hood movies along the way, but I cannot remember them much.

A search on IMDB for "Robin Hood" produced dozens of hits. TV series and movies from decades before to the latest one in 2010 directed by Ridley Scott and starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett.

The Robin Hood movie that aired this year focused on how Robin Hood came about. From his days in the king's army as an archer to a hero amongst the poor, the movie had a lot of killings, fightings and scheming.

For a two-hour long movie, it is generally rather slow-paced despite all the fightings involved. I'm glad I watched it on DVD and not in the cinema. Personally, I had expected a faster plot, but had to fast forward a few times to skip all the sceneries.

There wasn't much to comment on acting for the boys as there weren't much emotional scenes. Marion Loxley was well-played by Cate Blanchett, a spirited and dignified widow who, acoording to the movie, was only married for a week to her husband who then went to war for the next 10 years.

Strangely, for some reason, I don't recall much of the plot even though I just finished it 15 minutes ago. Probably because I expected a bit more of the thieving from the rich and giving to the poor than having so much background on the character.

Out of 10, I'd give it a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment